We like solving problems. BIG problems.
We also like surrounding ourselves with great people to help develop nifty approaches and solutions to some age-old challenges in health. We believe that by building a great team of super talented individuals we can create Africa’s fastest growing Omnichannel HealthTech company and change the way healthcare is delivered to patients.
To help us accomplish this, we are looking for a talented Chief Operating Officer to join our leadership team and help steer the company’s strategic direction, lead the day to day operations, bring exciting and very new projects to life and help create a great place to work. We are looking for someone with experience in the start-up space (preferably health), who is scrappy and looking to build Africa’s HealthTech Rocket ship.
Our ethos is to give people the autonomy and tools to build compelling solutions and products that our partners and patients will adore.
We offer a competitive salary and health benefit package. An equally competitive stock option is available if you are the right fit for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and oversee the daily operations of the company including logistics, customer experience, finance, HR, IT and medicine to ensure the strategic objectives set by the Board of Directors are achieved.
- Develop and aggressively control all operational budgets to ensure that the company achieves its targets relative to its growth objectives
- In conjunction with the founding team, participate in the development and implementation of the mission, vision and values of the company
Growth & Performance
- Lead the execution of new initiatives and expansion activities.
- Set ambitious goals across departments for growth and performance.
- Establish performance measurement mechanisms to evaluate the effectiveness of internal processes and take steps to improve them.
- Develop, design and improve systems, approaches and management arrangements that results in excellent health service delivery and patient experiences.
- Coordinate across departments to ensure appropriate information flow and prioritization during the development of products, services and technology improvements and builds.
- Assist the CEO in fundraising initiatives.
- Participate in the development of long-range strategic plans, governance structure and objectives.
- Alongside the CEO, develop operational plans and coordinate corresponding budgets across departments to reflect the volume, revenues, expenses, staffing and capital needs of the company
- Work closely with senior management teams to create, optimize, implement and roll out internal organizational and reporting systems, as well as company policies all designed to foster growth and efficiencies within the company.
- Ensure compliance with external regulatory bodies and standards boards.
- Ensure responsible medical supply spending practices that align with operating budgets and clinical requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Chief Operations Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar field.
- Proven managerial track record and being a highly organized and results driven person.
- Strong inclination towards systems development and process improvement.
- Having held increasingly senior roles throughout your career.
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry.
- In depth understanding of various business functions such as HR, Finance, Logistics, Marketing and Customer Experience.
- Knowledge of accounting, financial models and data analyses.
- Experience managing large, complex operations involving multiple teams and departments.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate across all departments and with a diverse audience.
- Good analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Forward thinking, transparent and out-of-the-box organizational culture.
- Remote work options.
- Competitive salary, paid time off and holidays.
- Comprehensive medical insurance package, including in-patient, outpatient, dental and vision - 100% monthly premium covered for employees.
- Company laptop and tools needed for productivity!