We like solving problems. BIG problems.
We also like surrounding ourselves with great people to help develop nifty approaches and solutions to some age-old challenges in health. We believe that by building a great team of super talented individuals we can create Africa’s fastest-growing Omnichannel HealthTech company and change the way healthcare is delivered to patients.
To help us accomplish this, we are looking for a star procurement consultant to join our team on a consultancy basis and help us to design an effective and efficient system for managing our inventory as well as orders. He/she will provide guidance in the execution of specific tasks related to procurement management at the company in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
We are looking for someone with experience in procurement work (preferably in the health industry), who is passionate about this profession.
Major roles and responsibilities
- Review our current procurement system and advise on a way forward on the gaps observed.
- Review our supplier evaluations/bids analysis, requests for awards, purchase orders, contracts for services, and other procurement documents, ensuring strict adherence to required procedures.
- Develop procurement SOPs and Policies; Provide technical guidance in all procurement activities and ensure compliance with procurement procedures through continuous sensitization.
- Guide on the day-to-day procurement activities including solicitation of quotations, analysis of quotations, and filing of procurement paperwork. Ensure that procurement of goods and services is done in compliance with ideal policies.
- Maximize value for the company by ensuring proper pricing and quality of goods and services.
- Train existing managers on the procurement standards.
- Coach and mentor our procurement staff (1 person).
Requirements and qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree in Supplies Management or related field from an accredited university.
- Be a registered member of KISM with a valid practicing certificate. CIPS membership will be an added advantage.
- Procurement consulting experience will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of relevant procurement experience two of which should be at a supervisory level preferably in the health industry but not a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with a desire to develop others.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Effective problem-solving ability.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Skilled in the field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experienced in communication and implementation of the strategy.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Good financial knowledge.
The application closing date is 25th April 2022.